Error Ed on a Samsung washing machine
On Samsung washing machines, the Ed error is displayed less and less. This is due to the fact that this code was used on older models of washers, which were produced before 2008. Now the same malfunctions on Samsung brand washing machines are indicated by the codes De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2. We will understand how Ed and its like code are decrypted, as well as how to deal with malfunctions that generated it.
What was the reason?
Error Ed, as well as errors De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2 on newer models of Samsung washing machines, can occur even if the washer does not have a display. In this case, the self-diagnosis system uses LED indicators on the control panel to notify the user. So, passing the error Ed, the washing machine without a screen lights all the temperature indicators at the same time, and the indicators of all washing modes start to blink intensely.
Note that with all this, the indicators of the speed of the drum do not blink and do not light.
How to decrypt Ed code? If you discard the subtleties, you can decrypt this error as: “the washing machine hatch does not close or lock Samsung. " However, as will be seen from the subsequent narration, this decryption is too limited and does not determine the range of all possible malfunctions. We will have to determine this circle.
- The hatch door does not really close tightly and, as a result, is not blocked.
- The door closes only after strong cotton or due to strong pressure.
- The hatch closes, but the lock does not occur due to problems with the mechanical part of the UBL.
- The UBL electronic part is out of order.
- The semiconductor part of the control module, which is responsible for communication with the UBL, has failed.
Problems with the hatch door
Often, the Ed code, as well as the codes De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2, similar to it in decoding, in Samsung washing machines arise due to a foreign object entering the door of the hatch. Most often this is linen or some small object that is stuck in the gap between the cuff and the edge of the tank. To get rid of such a malfunction, it is enough to carefully examine the space around the cuff of the hatch and remove everything that prevents the hatch from closing.
The cuff itself can also be an obstacle when closing the hatch. You may have recently replaced this part or the cuff is torn, and its part falls into the gap between the front wall of the Samsung car and the hatch. Problems with the new cuff arise in two cases: if a non-original gum is installed or the gum is simply installed incorrectly. In such a situation, repeated repairs are required. If everything was done correctly, but the cuff does not allow closing the hatch normally, you need to process the edges of the part with sandpaper, most likely, there is some kind of protrusion or some other defect. Comparing it, you get rid of the error Ed.
It so happens that the hatch door of the Samsung washing machine first starts to close every other time, but pressing it with your foot or hand helps. Then the door stops closing completely, and the error Ed always appears on the display or errors De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2. What is the reason? Inspect carefully the hook of the locking mechanism, which is located directly on the manhole cover. It must be spring loaded and move with some effort. If the hook has shifted or a spring has popped up, you need to disassemble the hatch door and fix the problem.
UBL out of order
According to statistics, in about 30% of cases, it is the sunroof locking device that causes the errors Ed, De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2. What could happen to him?
- The electrical part may fail. In this case, the UBL does not ring and it definitely needs to be changed.
- The mechanical part may break. Of course, you can try to restore it, but it’s better not to do too much work and just change the UBL.
- Wiring burned out or torn off, suitable for UBL.
By the way! During a makeshift repair, the “woe-masters” often removing the front wall of the Samsung washing machine, tear off or tear the wires going to the hatch blocking device.
How will we act? First you need to make sure that the locking mechanism that is on the hatch of the washer is all right. Next we do the following.
- To the right of the hatch we find a small hole and two screws that hold the UBL, unscrew them.
- With one hand, we bend the cuff of the hatch inside the machine as far as possible, and then pull out the UBL through the slot. Just be careful not to tear off the wires.
- Disconnect the plug with wires from the UBL.
- Check the resistance of the hatch lock device with a multimeter.
If a malfunction is detected, especially “do not stand on ceremony”, change the UBL immediately, so that later you will not have similar malfunctions in the future. It will not be superfluous to notice that the new hatch lock must be original, otherwise problems may arise.
Faulty control module
And so, you carefully checked the hatch and the UBL, everything seems to be fine, but the errors Ed, De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2 still appear and the machine does not erase. Checking the wiring also shows that there are no breaks anywhere. In this case, the cause of the problem may lie in the control module. There may be several options:
- the element responsible for the self-diagnosis system of the Samsung washing machine has failed, or the corresponding path has burned;
- the part responsible for communication with the UBL burned out or the track burned out;
- one of the auxiliary parts failed.
In general, in this case, the best advice is to contact an experienced craftsman who specializes in electronics. To independently find the cause and professionally eliminate it, the chances are very small. In the best case, spend a lot of time and nerves, in the worst, everything will turn out to be the cost of a new control module and its programming. Avoid rash acts.
In conclusion, we note that the errors Ed, De, De1, De2 or Dc, Dc1, Dc2 on Samsung wipers are not as simple as they might seem at first glance. Sometimes even experienced craftsmen face problems in identifying them. But if you do everything systematically, you will probably be able to detect a breakdown, and with its elimination, most likely, everything will turn out as well, the main thing is not to rush and act carefully. Good luck
- Share your opinion - leave a comment