Error codes for the washing machine Indesit by flashing indicator
Some Indesit washing machines are not equipped with a digital display. In case of malfunctions, the equipment, thanks to the self-diagnosis system, signals breakdowns by flashing the indication on the main panel. In order to repair the washer, it is necessary to decipher the failure of which element in question. We will figure out how to find out errors by flashing the indicator, how to correctly interpret the signals given by the device.
The machine breaks down when you least expect it. The user out of habit puts the laundry in the drum and starts the wash cycle. However, contrary to the regular work:
- washing does not start, instead, the lights on the control panel flash;
- the process starts, but after a certain time the machine “freezes”, stops functioning, and the LEDs on the panel light up or blink.
Interruption of the washing mode can occur at any of the stages: soaking, rinsing, spinning, draining the water. A lit indication, coupled with the stopped operation of the washing machine, indicates a malfunction of the equipment. To find a solution to the problem, you need to understand what kind of damage the device notifies. Deciphering blinking indicators is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. In this article we will try to describe all the possible fault codes and their corresponding indication. To decrypt errors, you should:
- find out the type of your Indesit washing machine by the first letters in the model name;
- understand which combination of light bulbs is on;
- based on the description presented in the article, identify the alphanumeric designation of the error code indicated by the self-diagnosis system of the machine.
To find out the cause of the breakdown and repair the washing machine is often possible with your own hands. However, if it is difficult for you to decrypt the code by blinking the lights, you can invite a qualified wizard to help identify the problem and fix it.
The manifestation of codes in models: IWSB, IWUB, IWDC, IWSC
In the described Indesit washing machine models, the UBL light and LEDs inform the user about the breakdown in the normal mode, showing the stages of washing (rinse, spin, drain). Also, flashing lights may occur, usually responsible for additional options of the machine. We will provide a brief description of which indicators will illuminate with specific error codes:
- F02 (F2) - only indicator 2 is lit;
- F03 (F3) - indicator 1 and 2 is on;
- F04 (F4) - in operation only indicator 3;
- F05 (F5) - indicator 1 and 3 are activated;
- F06 (F6) - lamps 2 and 3;
- F07 (F7) - indication number 1, 2 and 3;
- F08 (F8) - only the fourth indicator lights up;
- F09 (F9) - 1 and 4 pointer;
- F10 - the second and fourth LEDs are on;
- F11 - lights 1, 2 and 4;
- F12 - 3 and 4;
- F13 - 1, 3 and 4 light is activated;
- F14 - second, third and fourth buttons;
- F15 - lamps 1, 2, 3 and 4 flash;
- F16 - indicator 5 lights up;
- F17 - the first and fifth;
- F18 - activation of 2 and 5 lamps.
It is by the simultaneous flashing of certain indicators that one can judge the breakdown of the washer. Carefully observe the control panel and after a few seconds, you will understand what the essence of the malfunction of the machine is.
Designations on typewriters: WISL, WIUL, WIDL, WIL, WITP
These washing machines signal breakdowns in the system by indicating the buttons for special functions and the “Spin” lamp. To navigate the definition of a malfunction, you should focus on the serial numbers of the buttons when they are counted from left to right, and not on the names of the functions. Since the latter may differ due to the modification of the control panel on the listed machine models.
Any error code will be accompanied by a constant rapid flashing of the “Lock” indicator, which is responsible for blocking the hatch door.
So, in the list we indicate only the numbers of indicators blinking during a particular malfunction:
- F01 (F1) - 4;
- F02 (F2) - 3;
- F03 (F3) - 3 and 4;
- F04 (F4) - 2;
- F05 (F5) - 2 and 4;
- F06 (F6) - 2 and 3;
- F07 (F7) - 2, 3, 4;
- F08 (F8) - 1;
- F09 (F9) - 1 and 4;
- F10 - 1 and 3;
- F11 - 1, 3, and 4;
- F12 - 1 and 2;
- F13 - 1, 2, and 4;
- F14 - 1, 2, and 3;
- F15 - 1, 2, 3, and 4;
- F16 - Cycle 4 indicator (“Spin”) flashes;
- F17 - lamp 4 and a cycle indicator;
- F18 - number 3 button plus spin indication.
An Indesit washing machine without a display clearly informs the user about a breakdown. A clear indication will unmistakably indicate a malfunction in the system.
We determine the codes for: WIU, WIN, WISN, WIUN
As for these models, here the error indicators will also be notified by the buttons of the additional functions and the sunroof locking device. The lock indicator for any of the faults will flash rapidly in red. Here is a complete list of signs of breakdowns programmed in the intellect, and the corresponding flashing indicator numbers:
- F01 (F1) - 1;
- F02 (F2) - 2;
- F03 (F3) - 1 and 2;
- F04 (F4) - 3;
- F05 (F5) - 1 and 3;
- F06 (F6) - 2 and 3;
- F07 (F7) - 1, 2, 3;
- F08 (F8) - 4;
- F09 (F9) - 1 and 4;
- F10 - 2 and 4;
- F11 - 1, 2, and 4;
- F12 - 3 and 4;
- F13 - 1, 3, and 4;
- F14 –2, 3, 4;
- F15 - 1, 2, 3, and 4;
- F16 - indicator 5 flashes;
- F17 - 1 and 5;
- F18 - 2, 5.
So, after calculating the combination of flashing lights, it is easy to determine the front of the upcoming repair work. Having learned the source of the malfunction, you can find a solution to the problem and return the washing machine to its previous performance.
Codes on old models: W, WS, WT, WI
If your Indesit washer was purchased many years ago, then for sure there are only two indicators on its control panel: on / off. the unit and lock the hatch door.
Such models notify the user of an error by rotating the knobs of the washing program in a circle and simultaneously flashing the lamp of the network key.
The on / off indicator blinks with a clear cycle, approximately every 3-5 seconds. The number of blinks of the machine power indicator in one series and corresponds to the fault code number. For example, flashing the lamp on / off once indicates an error F01 (F1), a blink 8 times in a row informs about a breakdown F08 (F8), a glow with a frequency of 18 blinks - code F18. In addition, the Castle lamp will also light.
However, it happens that the Indesit washing machine does not identify the error code. It happens that the control panel simply goes out, or, on the contrary, lights up with all the indicators in a row, which does not correspond to any indication of a breakdown. Based on practice, a completely disconnected panel indicates problems with the power supply of the washer, and massively and randomly flashing indicators indicate a defect in the pulse source of the control module of the machine.
After you find out which malfunction code the washing machine indicates, it's time to deal with the interpretation of the designation.
Having an idea of the nature of the failure, the user will be able to return the machine to working capacity.
A brief description of the error indicators detected by the flickering:
- F01 indicates that the motor of the machine is damaged.
- F02 indicates abnormal engine operation.
- F03 indicates damage to the thermostat.
- F04 reports a malfunction of the pressure switch (in other words, a water level sensor).
- F05 reports damage to the pump.
- F06 tells about the error of the buttons (commands).
- F07 indicates that the pressure switch does not function after water intake.
- F08 confirms the failure of the heater.
- F09 notifies that a control module memory error has occurred.
- F10 indicates an insufficient rate of water intake into the tank.
- F11 There is a defect in the drain pump circuit.
- F12 indicates a communication failure between the control panel bulbs and the main module.
- F13 indicates the failure of the drying temperature sensor.
- F14 indicates that the heater of the drying chamber is out of order.
- F15 damaged relay heating element drying.
- F16 indicates a lock on the drum of the washing machine (this code is specific to "vertical bars" only).
- F17 reports a malfunction of the sunroof lock.
- F18 speaks about violations in the processor of the electronic board.
- H20 notifies of any problems when collecting water into the tank.
Having found out what exactly broke in the system of the machine, you can start repairing. It is permissible to fix certain breakdowns with your own hands, for example, an amateur can replace the heater, pressure switch, thermostat, UBL, drain pump and other elements. However, if the main control unit fails, it is better to entrust the work to professionals.Repairing electronics is difficult if you have never dealt with it.
- Share your opinion - leave a comment