Error codes (malfunctions) of the washing machines Indesit and Ariston
Nowadays, almost all automatic washing machines that you can buy in household appliances stores have a special system for troubleshooting. It identifies a breakdown or malfunction and displays an error code on the display of the machine. This makes it easier to diagnose, find and correct the defect that has arisen. This system is in household appliances manufactured by INDESIT COMPANY, previously this organization was called MERLONI. The most popular washing machines produced by this company are called Ariston and Indesit (Ariston and Indesit).
Models made under these brands for a long time and equipped with an outdated EVO-I control system also have the ability to inform the user about errors that have occurred. Only error codes are displayed not by means of the display, but by blinking the indicator light. The essence of defining a code using blinking is quite simple. For example, a 5-fold blink with a very short time interval, after which the blink stops for a while, and then repeats again, will inform us that an error has occurred under the code F05.
In washing machines that are made with the EVO-II control system, another way to determine the error code. Different models having this system differ in functionality. And this makes reading errors a little difficult.
Inexpensive washing machines made under the brand name Indesit and Ariston do not have a display. In such models, error data is displayed by displaying a whole combination of luminous indicators.
It is easier for everyone to understand the error code on washing machines equipped with a display. There letters and numbers are shown on this very display.
How to determine the error code for the EVO-II without display?
In such washing machines, you can understand the DTC using the light that occurs on various indicators. Indicators of such models are as follows:
- Kh1 - Timer
- KH2 - Super wash,
- KH3 - Fast. washing,
- KH4 - Add. Rinsing,
- LED 4 - Squeezing the laundry.
Some of these indicators light up and by which of them do it, you can understand what error occurred.
EVO-II Error List and Interpretation
- Only KH4 is lit - error F01 - Locked the control triac of the electric motor.
- Only KH3 is lit - error F02 - The tachogenerator does not signal that the engine of the machine is working. This can happen if the drive belt is jammed, a short circuit occurs or it breaks.
- KH3 and KH4 are lit - error F03 - a short circuit has occurred or the temperature sensor circuit has broken.
- KH2 - F4 - one-time reporting of opposing things (a level switch indicates that the tank is full and empty).
- KH2 and KH4 - F5 - After the command to drain the water from the tank, the level switch does not inform that the tank is empty. In this case, the following malfunctions are possible: breakdown of the pressure switch (level switch), the drain pump (pump) is out of order, the drainage system is blocked.
- KH2 and KH3 - F6 - The command is not understood, an error occurred on the buttons on the control panel.
- KH2, KH3 and KH4 - F07 - The heating element of the washing machine (TEN) does not heat. May occur when it is not in the water.
- KH1 - F08 - “Zalipla” contact group relay heating element. The heater or a problem with the wires broke.
- KH1 and KH4 - F09 - The volatile memory of the machine went astray.
- KH1 and KH3 - F10 - There is no message that the washing machine tank is empty or full from the pressure switch (level switch).
- KN1, KN3 and KN4 - F11 - No electricity to the drain pump. Most likely, there was a wire break.
- KH1 and KH2 - F12 - There is no communication between the controller and the display module.
- KN1, KN2 and KN4 - F13 - Broken wires or shorted temperature sensor circuit.
- KN1, KN2 and KN3 - F14 - The heating element of the dryer is defective. Such a breakdown is possible only on machines that have the function of drying clothes.
- KN1, KN2, KN3 and KN4 - F15 - The heating element of drying failed.This failure can occur in washing machines with a drying function.
- All indicators are off - F16 - Jammed drum of the washing machine (only for models with a vertical load of linen).
- LED4 and KH4 - F17 - No voltage is applied to the door lock of the washing machine. Or she is in the open position.
- LED4 and KH3 - F18 - Communication failure between the controller and the processor controlling the motor (asynchronous).
EVO-II Models Low-End Table Error Codes
A detailed analysis of the error codes of the Indesit and Ariston washing machines and their repair
Next, we will talk in more detail about the errors that occur during breakdowns and malfunctions in the operation of washing machines and how to eliminate them.
|Diagnostics and repair
|Shorted triac electric motor. The following should be done:
|In most cases, such a breakdown is associated with a malfunction of the washing machine motor.
|The washing machine motor is not functioning. Short circuit or violation in the tachogenerator chain. What to do?
Resistance is measured on connector J9. Between the first and second contact. If the circuit is closed, then test the wiring from the tachometer. In the event that the machine uses an asynchronous motor, you need to make sure that the sixth and seventh contacts of the same connector are securely connected and in good condition.
You may need to replace the engine and the electronics module.
|There may be a contact failure in the tachometer pad. It is also likely that foam penetrated into it. In the event that it is short-circuited, then on the electronics module you can find a couple of tracks and a couple of resistors that have become worthless.
|The relay of the heating element “sticks” or problems with the temperature sensor circuit NTC.
|In the event that everything that is indicated in the “Diagnostics and Repair” column does not help, then you need to reflash the energy dependency. EEPROM memory.