Samsung washing machine malfunction codes
You can see the malfunction code on the Samsung washing machine display. Usually it occurs when a malfunction occurs or when a household appliance breaks down. In some cases, a person can fix the machine himself, just understand what the problem is expressed in. It is not necessary to immediately call a professional repairman for large household appliances. After all, the most common breakdowns and methods for their elimination are written on this site. But in order to start repairing them, it is necessary to diagnose them. This is where the error codes and their explanation, which you will find below, will help you.
Samsung SMA Errors
Further you can familiarize yourself with all common Samsung washing machine error codes. They will be divided into semantic groups for your convenience.
1E– error or malfunction of the level switch (pressure switch)
- Damaged or chipped level switch tubing.
- The handset disconnected.
- The tube is clogged or pinched.
- Problems with wires and connections of the pressure switch.
- Damage to the level switch.
- The control module has become unusable.
Motor tachogenerator errors
Next, we discuss several errors associated with the tachogenerator.
- Damage to engine windings.
- Failure of motor contacts.
- Disruption of contact tahoe.
- The motor is jammed due to a foreign body.
- There is too much laundry in the tank, so the engine cannot work properly.
- Breakdown of motor contacts.
- The tachogenerator broke.
Bad tacho signal. Possible:
- Damage to the tachogenerator.
- Lost contact.
- And so on.
- Bad module contacts.
- Displaced parts of the electric motor (direct drive).
- Incorrect tachometer signals.
- Damage to the electric motor.
- Defective tachogenerator.
- The integrity of the contacts is broken.
Next, we turn to the problems associated with water.
Washing machine error codes related to water inlet
- Hose connection incorrect (hot and cold water mixed up).
- There is no connection from the hose to the dispenser. The hose may be pinched or leaking.
- Fill valve contacts broken.
- A foreign body has entered the filling valve.
- The water that enters during the drying mode is too hot (more than seventy degrees).
- Error when connecting hot and cold water (hoses must be interchanged).
- When performing delicate washing modes, the water is hotter than necessary (more than fifty degrees).
9E1 and 9E2
- Make sure that the mains voltage is normal. Using a multimeter, check the voltage during all operations of the washing machine.
- The voltage in the mains could also rise above the required level.
- Less commonly, such an error appears when the control module breaks down.
- The appearance of this code means that the voltage has exceeded the permissible or is not reaching the required level. That is, it exceeds 286V, or does not reach 177V.
- If the voltage returns to normal, the washing will continue by itself. Recall that the voltage norm is values from 177 to 286V.
Problems with the machine switch
- The button is in the clamped position due to a change in the shape of the control panel.
- Button jammed. She is in the clamped position for more than 12 seconds.
- Also, this code can occur with excessively tightened self-tapping screws fixing the control panel.
- The parts of the panel made of plastic are deformed.
- The buttons, with the exception of the button responsible for turning the washing machine on and off, are clamped and are in this position for more than half a minute.
- The screws securing the control panel are too tightly screwed.
- Incorrect relay connection on the control or damaged contact.
- The same relay received a short circuit.
UBL malfunctions (sunroof locking devices)
- May occur after breaking the hatch door.
- Due to the curvature of the hook that locks the door.
- In boiling mode, this error may appear. This means that a pressure drop has occurred inside the machine due to the temperature difference.
- Damage to the insulation of the wires is possible.
- Faulty UBL connector.
- The UBL connector is not connected correctly.
- Not the most common mistake. It occurs when the switch makes on and off, overheats from vibrations.
Errors associated with the heating element (heater)
HE and HE1 (H1)
- A short circuit or break in the heating element has occurred.
- The heating element or temperature sensor has broken
- If there is no water in the tank or it is heated over a hundred degrees, then in order to prevent the heating element from breaking due to overheating, the machine automatically cuts off the electricity supply.
- It occurs when heating drying more than 145 degrees. Drying temperature sensor is responsible for the control. If the fault is the fault of the sensor, then it should be replaced with a new one.
- Incorrect steam function of the washing machine.
- It should not occur in cars that have a drum. Find out if this SMA has a steam function.
Temperature Sensor Errors
- Malfunction of the heating element of the washing machine (TENA). It can also occur when contact is broken and the temperature sensor breaks.
- The connectors have the wrong connection or there is a wire break.
- There is no water in the machine’s tank or its temperature is over a hundred degrees.
- Poor temperature sensor contact.
- Short or open in the sensor.
- Contact condensate temperature sensor is broken.
- Sensor short circuit.
- Faulty sensor connections.
5E - problems with draining water
- The impeller of the drain pump is damaged.
- Blockage in the drainage hose.
- The drain path is clogged with garbage.
- Bad contact of the drain pump.
- Failure of individual components.
8E - motor error
- Tacho malfunction due to which the drum rotates incorrectly.
- Disruption of engine contacts.
- Breakdown of control circuits.
Ae - communication problems
- There is no data exchange between the control and display module.
- Verify that the connection between the module is functioning properly. And find out if the connectors are connected correctly.
- Change modules.
CE- excess temperature of the machine
- The temperature is above 55 degrees and the drain does not occur.
- It can happen when the water, when performing certain modes, heats above 55 degrees. Then the water should drain before discharge.
- Incorrect operation of the temperature sensor or incorrect connection of various elements.
FE - ventilation problems
- The fan wiring is broken and it does not start its work.
- The capacitor connector drops out due to the closing of the upper part of the washing machine.
- Failure of the starting capacitor. Unfortunately, with this problem it will not be possible to find the cause of the failure with a multimeter. So just change the capacitor.
- There is no lubrication in the bearings of the fan or its blades are jammed. Due to these malfunctions, he does not start his work.
OE (OF) - code that occurs during water overflow
- The pressure switch tube (level switch) is clogged.
- Water inlet cannot stop due to the ingress of a foreign body into the filling valve.
- The pressure switch (level sensor) has broken.
Ee - too high temperature (only for machines with drying)
- The heating element of the drying element has deteriorated.
- The temperature sensor of drying has broken.
- The connectors of this sensor or its circuit have become unusable.
UE - there was an imbalance
- Erasable things are arranged in a pile. In this case, you need to shift them.
- Read the instructions, it may indicate the causes of this malfunction and methods for resolving it.
Sud (SUdS) - too much foam appeared during washing
- Excessive amounts of foam typically result from the use of detergent that is not suitable for machine washing or from too much powder being sprinkled. When the foam settles, washing will resume. After this error has passed, you will notice on the display that the error has changed to the inscription “End” (translated from English - the end). And the washing will continue. This error is needed in order to prevent the occurrence of error of the measuring sensors.
We decided to discuss some errors in detail in separate articles: