For work you will need:
- The basis of a rectangular shape (size 250x200 mm - depends on how you want to see your work). It can be cardboard, plywood or a ready-made photo frame;
- burlap, larger than the base by 10 mm on each side (270x220 mm);
- wooden glazing beads of figured shape (ordinary can be);
- paper napkins (any);
- furniture stapler;
- Acrylic paint in black and bronze. Acrylic black paint can be purchased in a bottle, anyway what - matte or glossy;
- glue gun or glue any, but not clerical;
- PVA glue, sponge, marker, small brush, scissors.
Stages of creating the painting “Horseshoe”
To start, prepare the basis. We tighten the rectangular workpiece with burlap, fasten with a stapler or glue.
We attach glazing beads, previously measured and sawn at an angle of 45 °. For this we use glue (stapler or small nails).
We prepare flagella from napkins. To do this, cut a napkin folded in half into strips of 10-15 mm. After wetting the hands with water or a sponge, we twist the flagellum. Let it dry. It will take 4-5 napkins, depending on the size.
Based on the panel, we draw with a marker a sketch of the horseshoe, for this, artistic abilities are not necessary. You can draw a sketch on a piece of paper and cut it out, and then circle it.
Using PVA glue, we spread the flagella in an arbitrary shape, starting with the contour. Here you can experiment, put the flagellum in a zigzag or twist a ring.
We fill the space of the horseshoe as densely as possible. It's not scary if somewhere you need to use a short flagellum in the end this will give the product more charm.
In places where the horseshoe was supposedly fastened, we imitate the fastening. You can twist a flagellum in the shape of a ring. In this case, we attach coins with a glue gun.
Let the product dry for 24 hours.
Apply black paint. This is best done on the street or balcony. Again, let the paint dry well.
Apply bronze acrylic paint gently, without taking a lot of material on the sponge, with light soaking movements.
That's all. The picture-amulet is ready. Good luck